Policy Fellow Announcement
The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Partnership for Responsible Business’ team
advocating for the protection of public lands and efforts that emphasize the economic advantage to local
businesses of increased public lands in New Mexico through legislative, regulatory, and business arenas.
The Fellow will work with key stakeholders including business, government, environmental,
environmental justice, and rural stakeholders, and will represent the PRB in policy processes and
advocacy efforts. Responsibilities will include research, analysis, and advocacy with a focus on the
- Columbine Hondo Wilderness in Taos County
- Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks proposed monument in Doña Ana County
- Rio Grande del Norte National Monument – efforts to increase local economic activity
- Responsible siting of renewable energy projects around New Mexico
- Protection of the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Assistance with managing the NMGCC’s Outdoor Economy Council
- Development of materials for efforts to protect public lands
- other public lands protection efforts around New Mexico.
Preference will be given to candidates with graduate or professional degrees or experience in
business, economics, policy analysis, and planning or related disciplines. Recent graduates are
encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will have persuasive written and oral advocacy skills, and
outstanding quantitative analysis skills; ability to perform technical and quantitative analyses and
modeling is preferred.
This position represents a challenging, entrepreneurial, and enjoyable opportunity for the right person.
Salary, which is based on a not-for-profit scale, will reflect the successful applicant’s experience. We
offer a full benefits package and a pleasant, collegial working environment. The PRB is an equal
opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and people of color are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Please email letters of inquiry noting current salary, a resume, a writing sample, and at least 3 references
to Celerah Hewes-Rutledge: email@example.com no later than February 28, 2014. No phone